Monday, April 29, 2013

Finally, the injection

Went back into San Antonio today to finally get the "injection". It was actually four different shots in my lower spine that is supposed to help remove the inflamation of the nerves so that they will fit into the reduced size opening in the spine caused by the arthritis.

I went in last Tuesday for the shot but told the person making the appointment that it would be fine with just a local pain killer before the "injection" Upon getting into the room the doctor would not do the shot without knocking me out. After much debate they agreed to do the "injection" today if I had a driver to drive me home

I woke up just fine, but Linda drove anyway and we stopped for a big breakfast. Linda drove back to Hondo and we did grocery shopping, than I drove the rest of the way home.
No noticeable changes that I can tell yet. The doctor said the shot helps those with disc problems, but not so much for arthritis. I guess only a little time will tell.

We leave D'Hanis TX tomorrow morning heading towards Louisiana. Two days later that we planned. That is why rv'er's always say plans are written in jello.

Should be back in Illinois about May 18. We will enjoy a roundabout trip with stops in Abbeville, LA, New Orleans, Natchez, MS, Tupelo, MS, Tunica, MS.

Hope all is well with you
Love to all of ya, as always
Jim and Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment