Thursday, April 3, 2008

We are in Glendale Springs Colorado. The gateway to Glendale canyon(look it up)
The campground is pretty amazing......it is terased(sp) and muddy...the manager told us to go to the first road and make a wide sweeping turn and follow the road to our site (#13 by the way)....I barely make the turn into the site and will have a really good time trying to get out without sliding into the site below me....I took pictures but doubt if they will show the predicament I am in. the weather over Vail pass is doubtful and I will have to check before we leave here as to whether I can get over the pass without chains. We did not get in our 425 miles today as this was the last place listed with camping before Vail. I had to unhook and go back into town to get fuel, as there was nowhere that I could get the trailer into...I had to turn and back into the gas station to fuel up!!!!
I-70 has some spectacular scenery in Utah. It is am amazing geological sight.
If you have never traveled in the mountains you will not apprecialte the following signs going into one of the most spectacular canyons we have ever been in...... they are in order:

BRAKE CHECK AHEAD
TRUCKERS PULL OVER AND CHECK BRAKES
WARNING: STEEP MOUNTAIN GRADES AND SHARP CURVES AHEAD
WARNING: 6 PERCENT GRADE FOR NEXT SIX MILES
SPEED LIMIT 50 FOR VEHICLES OVER 10000 LBS
RUNAWAY TRUCK RAMP 1 1/2 MILES
RUNAWAY TRUCK RAMP 1 1/2 MILES
RUNAWAY TRUCK RAMP 1 1/2 MILES
and finally!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment