Saturday, February 20, 2010

broken jack repair

When the tire blew it took off the motor to run the rear jacks. It left most of the gearbox. When we found out it would be $500 plus shipping for a new motor, the light went on in my little brain.

I cut off what was left of the shaft coming out of the motor and went to Lowes and bought a 1/2 bolt whos head fit the handle I use for the other jacks. I found a place in town to weld it..actually the Harley dealer. I called and talked to the owner and he said bring in and he would look at it.  He did a great job tig welding the two pieces and only charged me $15, which I thought was great as he was busy as all get out, it being Saturday.

 

broken jack 001 broken jack 002

Now I can crank the jacks up and down manually.

Jim

2 comments:

  1. Nice Job McGyver !! Pete would be so proud.
    XOXO
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. from Abel m, you are the engineer in the family, good job buddy

    ReplyDelete