Sunday, August 8, 2010

Washington, DC day 1


Hi to ya'

Today we figured we walked between 4 and 6 miles. Plus car rides, train rides, escalators and stairs, and more stairs.....damn, are we tired.

We started off with a visit to the White House. Nice to see, but like everyone says, "it's smaller than I thought it would be"

Then off to more walking to see:

Korean war memorial
Lincoln memorial
Viet Nam memorial
WWII memorial
FDR memorial
air and space museum
I am sorry but I can not get on windows live writer to put the pictures in, so here is the link to the whole day and you will have to sort them out. Any questions send me an email.
BOBBIE I need help my dear.....
It was an extremely hot and humid day today and Linda's mom Maggie and I probably suffered the worse of it. We left the house at 8:30 and got back about 6:00pm...
Tomorrow off to seee more things, the Washington monument which you have to have tickets ahead of time for, and the national achives.
I am so sorry for the pictures, but it is late and I am too tired to try and figure out live writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment