Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Corvette museum, Makers Mark and other stuff

Last week we went to the Corvette museum with Jim and Bobbie, about an 80 mile one way trip. Great museum, if you like Corvette’s,….me I am a Mustang guy. But lots of really great cars to look at and the displays were very well done. We did enjoy the museum and went out to “Ryan’s buffet” afterwards, and than a liquor store…..Taylor county is a dry county, so you have to get booze when you can.

You know what…….after writing all this, I remembered that I had already told you about the corvette museum….duh

So anyway, here is the rest of the story

Makers Mark is one of several distillery’s of Bourbon whiskey in this area….we went there because they give out free samples….I really felt like a traitor, because those of you who know me know I am a Jack Daniels lover…..but it was a great tour and the drive over Kentucky’s back roads was very nice. Lots of old farms and falling down barns and hills and twisty turney roads.Maker's Mark Distillery 005 Maker's Mark Distillery 006 this is where they dip the bottles

Maker's Mark Distillery 011 Maker's Mark Distillery 014

this is a “mash” vat, holding about 11000 gallons of Mash, which is where the water, yeast barley malt and other stuff come together.

Maker's Mark Distillery 015 Maker's Mark Distillery 017 this is the great water that all good whiskey’s need

Maker's Mark Distillery 018 Maker's Mark Distillery 019  and these are pictures of one of the barrel storage warehouses….there are a lot of them(around 27 I think) and the whiskey ages in these charred barrels for about three years…..very similar to all of the other distilleries.

Afterwards we did a tasting, and when Bobbie decides to do another post, you will see Linda’s reaction to the tasting……amateur!!!!!

 

 

Saturday they held the Halloween party here…..Why could the witch not get pregnant????? her husband had a hollow wennie……har, har, har…..that joke is older than me.

I bet you have never been to a party where they have an auction and auction off Moons…e   (that last work is shine, but I do not want the revenues to know that) '.

Several batches of “apple pie” ,blueberry pie, and blackberry pie, and actually one gallon of the stuff. Has a great taste.

Lots of good costumes.

holloween 2010 001 holloween 2010 002 holloween 2010 003 holloween 2010 008

holloween 2010 011 this is the apple pie going down very smooth…..even Linda liked it.holloween 2010 009 holloween 2010 010

DSCF2561 DSCF2583

That almost brings you up to date, I will tell the Amazon story in another post

You know that we love you, even when you do not write to us…….but we would love you more if you would write……

Jim and Linda

2 comments:

  1. I love you both...I'll write to you...of course, I'm only next door to you about 10 feet away, but I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! And... we could have some Mustangs in the Museum next year... mid-April through mid-June we have an exhibit "American Muscle Cars" open to all American brands! :)

    ReplyDelete