Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Update on trucks problems

We finally, after three phone calls to them, hear back from the Ford dealer. It does look like it was the oil cooler which when it went caused problems with the EGR valve and contaminated the radiator and engine with the coolant/oil mixture.
Currently the extended warranty will cover all but $100 dollars of the repair and we should have the truck back by Friday afternoon.
If during the repair they find other problems they will have to also be addressed.
Jim C. took their Chevy in this morning and they brought him back to the campground.
Just before we got our estimate, they got their estimate. They do not have an extended warranty and the repairs to fix what they think are the problems is going to cost $2300. They will not get their truck back until Monday.
Abel was good enough to loan us his truck today so I could do my hearing doctor appointment which went well, but I will have to make another trip to see him as one of the adjustments he made is causing feedback in both ears. I have lost another 5-10 percent of my hearing in both ears and have been having problems hearing clearly in crowds or where there are other ouside noises. I had to use my medicare and supplement for the hearing test, but everything else was covered by the state of Washington.
We also used Abel's truck so the four of us could do a grocery run.
We had a small party at a local bar last night, and this afternoon several friends showed up for happy hour. It is nice to be able to see old friends again.
Linda has been very stressed out by all of the problems in the last few day, which, including the trucks, our propane detector started going off while I was at the doctor, and when I came back the valve controlling the toilet water storage tank would not open. I hope I can fix that tomorrow and that it will not be a major repair.
So, at least a little good news for us, but not so good for Jim and Bobbie.
Pray that tomorrow will be better
Love to all of ya
Jim and Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment