Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hunting and hunters and breakfast

  Some of the land owners where we are gate guarding allow hunting on their property. One place has an actual hunting camp where the hunters come in for several days. The land owners give us a list of who is authorized to come onto their land, and we have to abide by the list.
  The other day one man came in before daybreak and left before noon with a buck. He came back later in the day and got another buck. One guy got a cougar, aparently big enough he is going to mount the head. Another one got a couple of havolini's (kind of a wild pig) (not sure I spelled that right)
  One of the land owners was talking to us one day and telling us that the hunting is big business at some of the ranches. They have large areas fenced off with high fences to keep their deer in. He told us that some of the bucks can go for up to $200,000 dollars as breeding stock. They breed to get larger deer.
Some hunter pay us much as $10,00 to kill some of these trophy bucks, and some of them kill the bucks while they are caged up and unable to move.  After paying that much money the "hunter" does not want his trophy to get away.

  Now on another note....I love breakfast. When we got out to eat breakfast my standard order is,
egg's over east, bacon still soft and wiggly, and fried potatoes with a little onion. A glass of milk when the food comes out.
  When I make breakfast it consists of: spam and pancakes, spam and french toast, spam and scrambled eggs. I love spam. And make great scambled eggs. Have to tell you how some time.
   I rarely make eggs over easy, as I tend to undercook the eggs, and they are too runny...can't seem to fix that problem.
This being Saturday morning I have not had a customer yet and it is, 7;22am, almost 4 hours. Now that it is daylight I should see a few coming in.
hope your day goes well.
GO ND, BEAT ALABAMA
Love to all of ya,
Jim and Linda
 

1 comment:

  1. You know me, I'mnot happy about the deer hunting but I know sometines it has to be done to keep the population down but caging them that is cruel.I hope they have some animal rights activists protesting this type of hunting. Peggy

    ReplyDelete