Monday, December 2, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

We have been here about a week and a half now and things are pretty slow. Our busiest day was 50 in/outs and our slowest was Thanksgiving and the day after with only 8 hits. We are hoping that it will start to pick up after the holiday. One of the reasons it is slow is that it is hunting season down here and some companies close down for part of hunting season. 
Since it is so slow and I was bored this morning I thought I would give you a look at some of the tools of gate guarding.
Here you have the clip board and log sheet. We added the reading light and watch with luminous dial for night work, and of course the trusty pen. I/we do not always wear the hat. It depends on how sunny it is out.
I wanted to get a picture of the vest that we have to wear at all times while working. You will get a hoot out of these. I sure did when I looked at them. I should get some kind of reward for publishing these. I think that this is a case of the Polish American engineer strikes again!!!! (lol)


 
 
And here a sunrise picture since I have not posted any this year yet.
I think the sunrise/sunsets are so much prettier down here because of the layer of clouds that seems to hang over the area. We are only about 90 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and there almost always is this layer of clouds. Anyway that's my theory, and I am sticking to it.
 The last one is taken from the road (hwy281 alt)
 
 
Hope you have a wonderful week
Love to all of ya
Jim and Linda

6 comments:

  1. Your attire is beautiful to say the least. Hope the weather is treating you right. We are getting ready to get hit with more snow and sleet here in Oklahoma later in the week. We have heard so much about you and Linda from Bobbie and Jim. Can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you two have it down to a science. Glad the gate is still slow, and don't you just love how nice everyone is to stop at the door when it's so cold or rainy.

    We're enjoying being off the gate, but we've done so much walking or been on our feet that I'm missing the sit down time. With the truck in for repairs and a rental designed for midgets, we haven't gotten the gate "stuff" to the storeroom. I really want to decorate for Christmas. We have the cutest tree that we'll decorate with moose decorations and some other favorites from when we had a house.

    We'll keep in touch, hope the gate lasts another month or so. Mr. Heard is such a nice man, and really likes having gate guards on his property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got our Christmas decorations out on Thanksgiving day and put them up. Adds a little cheer to the place.

      Delete
  3. December 7, 2013

    Bonnie and I enjoy the sunrises and sunsets here in south Texas. This time we are in Zavala County close to the east county line off of FM 117 (west of Dilly and I 35)

    George

    http://busterstravelsgeo-bon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI George
      we are 4 miles north of Whitsett on hwy 281. Hope to be here until mid January when we will head to Louisiana for a month of mardi gras. I take a lot of sunrise/sunset pictures but do not post very many of them.

      Delete