Friday, August 19, 2011

A gift of love

A short while back, Bobbie started asking me questions about what my favorite meal was, as my birthday is coming up in early September. One of my most favorite meals comes from a great steak house called Morton’s.
We used to take customers there to wine and dine them and I almost always ordered the 24 ounce porterhouse with a side of sea scallops and home made potatoes….topped off with a snifter of B&B brandy.

After thinking about it, I told them a few days later that for my birthday we would buy a standing rib roast and let Jim C. cook it, as he is a great grill cook. And, we would get potatoes for baking and some fresh mushrooms to sauté with garlic and white wine….and that would be my birthday dinner. But the B&B was too expensive so some Jack Daniels would do for after dinner.

Today Jim sent us a text about 2:50 that it was happy hour and he was starting the grill to cook ribs for dinner….well now, 2:45 is a little bit early for happy hour, but who am I to argue…..so armed with a beer and Linda with a 7up we head over and get comfy.

Bobbie comes out with a little silver tray, with something in a brown paper bag and a towel over part of the tray.

B&B 002

She than says that since we have all agreed that we will not exchange gifts for birthday, Christmas or other special days…that this was a “just because we love you” gift.

I opened the bag and looked at a big bottle of B&BB&B 004B&B 003

and under the towel are four small crystal glasses they she and Jim had picked up at a antique store…..how very wonderful. Bobbie said that they were originally a set of six, but one got broke and she kept one for when we have a special drink together.

Thank you Bobbie and Jim for being such wonderful friends

We love you both

Jim

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome! It's fun giving unexpected gifts to people "just cause". I love to see the surprised looks on people's faces when they get a gift out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome friends, abel

    ReplyDelete