Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mud Bogs

Sunday Linda and I went to the mud bogs in Del Norte which is about 20  miles east of us. Very small town. The bogs were held about 3 miles out of town in a desert area. They dug a long trench (about 100 yards long) and put some of the dirt back in and than put a lot of water in it to make mud.

This was our first mud bog and we enjoyed it, other than the extreme sun which we have at the higher elevations. It was about 85 degrees out.

Most of the locals brought those 10x10 foot quick set up canopies, but we had to sit in the sunMud Bog Del Norte Co 012Mud Bog Del Norte Co 004Mud Bog Del Norte Co 021

I waited until today to post this, as we finally got windows live writer reinstalled. It was a real challenge and in the end Bobbie downloaded it onto a memory stick and gave it to me to install…go figure.

If you are interested here is the link to more pictures.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rufnitII/20110807MudBogDelNorteCo?authkey=Gv1sRgCNX4-7H9g4KPpQE#

Have a wonderful day

Love to all of ya, even if you don’t write

Jim and Linda

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog and it was a pleasure to read. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our small town and of course the "MUD BOGS". I hope you have a wonderful time. My name is Donna Pacheco-Phillips and I was the announcer that day and also part of the crew that made it all come together. I enjoyed looking at all the great photos. Thank you for spending your day with us and we welcome you back anytime. I hope you travels were safe and THANK YOU again for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh finally! I have found another blog about mud bogs! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete