Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We survived another one....(year that is)

Happy New Year
May the new year bring you much happiness and joy. May your love for spouse and family stay strong. May you prosper, and be happy.

  Yesterday I drove into Pleasanton and met Jim Chapman for lunch. We ate at a Mexican restaurant that I had spotted a while back. The inside reminds you of "Restaurant Impossible", but the food was excellent. I had built a set of stairs for Jim and Bobbie, like the ones that I made for us and delivered those to Jim with a quick lesson on assembly. He was supposed to stop at Wal-Mart for paint.
  While in town I went to the H-E-B grocery store. They had lobster tails for $4.99 each so I bought 4 of them. We will have them today with baked potatoes for our new years meal. The tails are small....maybe I should have bought 6.....darn, too late now.

  Things are quite boring here on site. We got here on Dec. 21st, and since than have had a total of 17 in and outs.....that's a little over one a day!!!! Linda has been coming to bed about 2am and I am still getting up at 4am. We have heard that they will be bringing in a reclaim rig after today sometime. This is a small, truck mounted rig that they go back into the well with to redrill and improve the flow. Should take less than a week to do that.

I drove into San Antonio late last week to pick up the wood for Chapman's steps and two sets of 24 inch full extension drawer slides. I remade the silverware and kitchen utensils drawers, making them 9 inches longer. This helps eliminate the clutter that we have been fighting trying to pack so much into one drawer. Also just drove around and enjoyed a visit to the big city, and traffic...
  Other than than, not much going on here. Four more months to go. We will start heading back to Indiana/Illinois the first of May.

Have a wonderful day, enjoy the parades and football games.
As always,
Love to all of ya
Jim and Linda

1 comment: